[arch-dev-public] [request] for subversion bump

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 15:33:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> While we are still at subversion 1.4.6 some major projects start to
> require a subversion >1.5 - e.g. OpenOffice from next snapshot on and
> Google Chrome.
>
> This is just a reminder asking our devtools coders to prepare the
> merging part for the subversion changes:
> http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.5_releasenotes.html
>
> This will of course also mean to -Syu Gerolde when devtools are done...

Douglas contacted me about this earlier today. He has 1.5 built, and
has been submitting packages with it just fine.

For the record, no additional code is needed, unless we convert the
svn-packages repo to a 1.5 repo. So we *should* be able to upgrade svn
without affecting anything just yet.

The migration should be fairly simple anyway - change devtools to use
"svn merge" instead of "svnmerge.py", upgrade the repo to 1.5, and run
a script to migrate properties...