[arch-dev-public] [request] for subversion bump

Douglas Soares de Andrade dsandrade at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 19:34:07 EDT 2008

Aaron Griffin escreveu:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
>> While we are still at subversion 1.4.6 some major projects start to
>> require a subversion >1.5 - e.g. OpenOffice from next snapshot on and
>> Google Chrome.
>>
>> This is just a reminder asking our devtools coders to prepare the
>> merging part for the subversion changes:
>> http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.5_releasenotes.html
>>
>> This will of course also mean to -Syu Gerolde when devtools are done...
>
> Douglas contacted me about this earlier today. He has 1.5 built, and
> has been submitting packages with it just fine.
>
> For the record, no additional code is needed, unless we convert the
> svn-packages repo to a 1.5 repo. So we *should* be able to upgrade svn
> without affecting anything just yet.
>
> The migration should be fairly simple anyway - change devtools to use
> "svn merge" instead of "svnmerge.py", upgrade the repo to 1.5, and run
> a script to migrate properties...

Hi guys,

Im going to put the new version of svn (1.5.2) to testing tonight. I
have been sending packages to extra with it and it is working as expected.

I plan to have a really small test time and then send it to extra - i
have been receiving quite some emails requesting the update =)

As Aaron said, we still need to update the repos and fix the scripts to
use svn merge, but this do not need to be done right now (i will take a
    look at the scripts to fix it) as this version works for us
(packages) as the current one in extra.

Thanks for the patience and sorry for the delay in the svn update.

--
Douglas Soares de Andrade
-- ThreePointsWeb - www.threepointsweb.com