[arch-dev-public] Conflicting PKGBUILDs between trunk and repos

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 15:48:03 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Thayer Williams <thayer at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Giovanni Scafora <linuxmania at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2008/9/7, Thayer Williams <thayer at archlinux.org>:
>>> I'm trying to commit a pkgrel bump on gtk-xfce-engine, but I keep
>>>  encountered an svn conflict on the PKGBUILDs. I followed the
>>>  instructions to resolve and commit, but the repos/ subdirs are still
>>>  showing the old PKGBUILD file even though the trunk has been updated.
>>>
>>>  Is there something I'm missing here?  A command perhaps to force the update?
>>
>> How do you solved?
>
> I think I entered the wrong path when trying to resolve the conflict
> the first time around--I pointed it to the PKGBUILD in trunk when I
> should have pointed it to the PKGBUILD in repos/extra-i686.  On my
> second attempt I corrected this and everything seems to be working
> now.

When you run into a conflict, svn is really smart about it. You
actually end up with 3 files, named like so:
PKGBUILD.orig
PKGBUILD.r1234
PKGBUILD.r2345
and also "PKGBUILD". If you take a look at the PKGBUILD file, it will
have all these little things like so:
foo=1

These are the conflicting sections. You can either justify these, and
remove all the >>> ==== <<< stuff, or go ahead and replace the
PKGBUILD file with one of the three above.
Then when you run "svn resolved" it all gets cleaned up and assumes
you did the right thing.