[arch-dev-public] Conflicting PKGBUILDs between trunk and repos

Thayer Williams thayer at archlinux.org
Mon Sep 8 18:12:14 EDT 2008

On Sep 08, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> When you run into a conflict, svn is really smart about it. You
> actually end up with 3 files, named like so:
> PKGBUILD.orig
> PKGBUILD.r1234
> PKGBUILD.r2345
> and also "PKGBUILD". If you take a look at the PKGBUILD file, it will
> have all these little things like so:
> foo=1
> >>>>>>>>

> These are the conflicting sections. You can either justify these, and
> remove all the >>> ==== <<< stuff, or go ahead and replace the
> PKGBUILD file with one of the three above.
> Then when you run "svn resolved" it all gets cleaned up and assumes
> you did the right thing.

Yep, that's basically what I did--and the second time around it worked
fine.

What is confusing is why the repo versions of PKGBUILDs prevented a
commit.  I thought the repos subdirs were simply copies of the trunk,
allowing arch-specific commits if/when necessary. I assumed that by
changing something at the trunk-level, the repos would be automatically
updated (without the need to merge)--unless of course a local commit was
specifically done in the repos directory.