[arch-dev-public] Django 1.0 != gerolde -Syu

Dusty Phillips buchuki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 20:11:39 EDT 2008

2008/9/8 Douglas Soares de Andrade <dsandrade at gmail.com>:
> Dusty Phillips escreveu:
>>
>> Hey yall,
>>
>> Looks like Douglas is on top of things as usual and upgraded Django in
>> our repos from 0.96 to 1.0. This is great, the new django is flipping
>> awesome and I've been using the svn version for some other projects
>> for quite a while now. I can't wait to throw some of the new features
>> and code at archweb_[pub|dev]
>>
>> BUT I don't have time to do the upgrade right now. If you -Syu on
>> gerolde it will break archweb pretty hard. So I suggest adding it to
>> IgnorePkg for a bit. We're going to have to coordinate a session where
>> I fix the code locally and we upgrade django and archweb at the same
>> time. I'm not sure how long it will take to port the code; the last
>> project I ported was about 20 times bigger than this and it only took
>> an hour, but I can't promise that. How long before I have time to port
>> the code is going to be between two weeks and 25 years.
>>
>> Thought I'd mention this before people start blaming me for not having
>> a website. =)
>
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for sending this email, Dusty. Things are pretty different in
> Django 1.0 and we should really put it in the Ignore list. I will try to
> port the archweb code to let us update gerolde (when needed) without
> this kind of worry.

I can do it sometime after September 17th if you're busy until then.
Otherwise, let me know if and when you're working on it so we don't
duplicate effort; it shouldn't take too long (can probably be done in
one sitting) but we can stuff it in a separate branch if we both want
to work on it. I have five versions of django installed locally right
now (0.95, 0.96, two random svn checkouts for different projects, and
1.0), so I can test on pretty much anything. :-D

Dusty