[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev 128-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Sep 12 11:24:29 EDT 2008

Xavier schrieb:
> Well, maybe it was a good idea to push udev to testing so that good
> ppl like you can start investigating the issue :)
> For the record :
> http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2008-August/007814.html
> The gitweb link I gave there does not seem to work anymore, but you
> can see the corresponding ML post instead :
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2008-August/012177.html
>
> I thought hal <-> udev communication was broken because of the missing
> udevinfo symlink, but reintroducing it did not help. So there might be
> other problems.

The patch you linked in that post suggests that you have to use "udevadm
info" instead of "udevinfo". Maybe in earlier versions of udev, udevadm
checked the value of argv[0] and now doesn't any more, thus a symlink
will not suffice.

Can you try adding a script called udevinfo with the contents:
#!/bin/sh
exec /sbin/udevadm info $*
and see if it solves your problems? If yes, we can simply apply the
patch
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=commitdiff;h=f6af40c1e7ea54e69eb2d259d91dd212065d5f6e;hp=5a096af91fe349a8e2206bb16d1ffc8436fe402b
to hal.