[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev 128-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Sep 12 12:25:11 EDT 2008

Thomas Bächler schrieb:
>> I thought hal <-> udev communication was broken because of the missing
>> udevinfo symlink, but reintroducing it did not help. So there might be
>> other problems.
>
> The patch you linked in that post suggests that you have to use "udevadm
> info" instead of "udevinfo". Maybe in earlier versions of udev, udevadm
> checked the value of argv[0] and now doesn't any more, thus a symlink
> will not suffice.
>
> Can you try adding a script called udevinfo with the contents:
> #!/bin/sh
> exec /sbin/udevadm info $*
> and see if it solves your problems? If yes, we can simply apply the
> patch
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=commitdiff;h=f6af40c1e7ea54e69eb2d259d91dd212065d5f6e;hp=5a096af91fe349a8e2206bb16d1ffc8436fe402b
> to hal.

I applied the patch to hal and threw it to testing. I had another user
test this: Without the patch, Xorg input hotplugging broke. When he
added the udevinfo script like above, it worked again. I guess all udev
interaction (including Allan's nm issue) are related to this.

I'll upload a new cryptsetup as well, as the current version calls
udevsettle ... the next version of cryptsetup will work without that though.