[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev 128-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Sep 13 03:33:45 EDT 2008

Eduardo Romero schrieb:
> On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 20:37 +0200, Xavier wrote:
>> Using hal git (and removing all patches from the pkgbuild), I now see
>> the usb device in gnome, but still can't mount it.
>> Thunar works perfectly, and I assume that kde4 too.
>
> USB thingy no worky here neither. Just put hal and udev in ignorepkg for
> now.

What DE (or other mounting method)? This is important, as so far only
gnome-volume-manager failed.

Note that updating hal should be no problem, the old udev versions have
udevadm already and all the new version does is change udevinfo calls to
udevadm calls. The problem seems to be somewhere in udev.