[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev 128-1

Eduardo Romero k3nsai at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 08:54:00 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 09:33 +0200, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_B=E4chler_
wrote:
> Eduardo Romero schrieb:
> > On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 20:37 +0200, Xavier wrote:
> >> Using hal git (and removing all patches from the pkgbuild), I now see
> >> the usb device in gnome, but still can't mount it.
> >> Thunar works perfectly, and I assume that kde4 too.
> >
> > USB thingy no worky here neither. Just put hal and udev in ignorepkg for
> > now.
>
> What DE (or other mounting method)? This is important, as so far only
> gnome-volume-manager failed.
>
> Note that updating hal should be no problem, the old udev versions have
> udevadm already and all the new version does is change udevinfo calls to
> udevadm calls. The problem seems to be somewhere in udev.

Oh, Sorry I didn't gave much info, but I was having the same issue as
Xavier. Using Nautilus, gnome-volume-manager, the USB is visible but
does not mount, and doesn't spit out any graphical error. And the
package in questions is udev-128-2 and hal-0.5.11-3. As a side not, also
udev takes now twice the time to start up, from 3s to 6-7s.