[arch-dev-public] Add texinfo in base group?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 00:01:12 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Eric Belanger
<belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to point out FS#11501.  Basically, as we are now adding info
> pages to packages, we are using a .install file which runs install-info.
> This tool is part of texinfo. Therefore we should either add a dependency on
> texinfo to all these packages or alternatively add texinfo to the base
> group.
>
> Personnally, I prefer adding texinfo to the base group. It is simpler and
> would make more sense as the tools for the man pages are already in base.
> Let me know what you think. texinfo is currently out-of-date so I could do
> that change at the same time.

That sounds ok to me, but I *do* want to point out something that
we've some of us have been irritated about for some time - even IF we
assume all of base is installed, we should still probably have proper
dependency info. I think we should actually do both.... put it in
base, AND make sure we maintain proper deps