[arch-dev-public] our FAT support and Microsoft

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Apr 3 02:59:17 EDT 2009

Am Freitag 03 April 2009 07:59:37 schrieb Andreas Radke:
> I haven't done further investigations but it seems we should take care
> about keep supporting the FAT file system.
>
> How is the state with NTFS? Is the license situation there more safe?
>
> Opinions?

Are you serious? Well, Richard Stallman would be so proud of you. But by
removing support for FAT and NTFS you wont be able to access flash drives
anymore; including mp3-players, digicams etc..

And if we start caring about software patents we should remove openssl,
mplayer, ffmpeg, mono and a lot of other stuff. There are so many useless
patents that we virtually have to remove just everything.

So, the only sane way to deal with software patents is just to ignore
them.

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76