[arch-dev-public] Status of arch=any ?

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Tue Apr 28 17:16:27 EDT 2009

IIRC Abishek and Aaron have been recently working to implement
"arch=any" in devtools etc.

May I kindly ask about the current status of that? If there's any work
you would like to me to do, I might be able to give a hand.

I'm asking because I am about to do a mass update of the texlive
packages, and that feature would be very convenient as all texlive
packages save one are arch-independent. Some of them can also be very
large (e.g. texlive-fontsextra with 136MB). So my question is: if the
implementation of the arch=any feature is more or less imminent, I might
wait before uploading the new texlive packages...

Cheers