[arch-dev-public] Status of arch=any ?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 12:10:07 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:

> IIRC Abishek and Aaron have been recently working to implement
> "arch=any" in devtools etc.
>
> May I kindly ask about the current status of that? If there's any work
> you would like to me to do, I might be able to give a hand.
>
> I'm asking because I am about to do a mass update of the texlive
> packages, and that feature would be very convenient as all texlive
> packages save one are arch-independent. Some of them can also be very
> large (e.g. texlive-fontsextra with 136MB). So my question is: if the
> implementation of the arch=any feature is more or less imminent, I might
> wait before uploading the new texlive packages...

Hmmm, well basically the changes need to be tested and ironed out. And
we need to ensure that the -any directories are scanned in all of our
cron jobs.

My suggestion: check out the dbscripts repo, change the config file (I
hope everything is in there) and then try to create/maintain a repo.
It might be useful to copy a handful of packages from your pkgcache
just to have some cruft in the DB