[arch-dev-public] ruby-1.9 rebuilds

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 19:49:55 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Giovanni Scafora<giovanni at archlinux.org> wrote:
> 2009/8/1, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
>>  weechat - seems not compatible.  Disable plugin?
>
> I just tried building weechat against ruby-1.9.1_p129-2 in testing and
> I've got the following issue at configure:
>
> *** Ruby header file couldn't be found in your system.
> *** Try to install them with your software package manager.
> *** WeeChat will be built without Ruby support.
>
> BTW, it builds fine with or without Ruby support.
> So, I also could disable the useless ruby plugin.
> Let me know your opinions.

I just put a rebuilt subversion in testing.

I looked in weechat a bit. Here's a dirty patch to enable the build of
the ruby plugin: http://dev.archlinux.org/~eric/ruby.patch
It still fails to build however. It can't find a ruby header file
among other things. Feel free to check it out as I won't spend more
time on it.  It might be better to disable the plugin. From a comment
on AUR for weechat-git:
"The weechat dev did not write the ruby plugin and doesn't know ruby.
And the person who originally created the plugin is no longer around.
If you have the skills and time, consider helping out by porting the
plugin to ruby 1.9."