[arch-dev-public] Warning: [kde-unstable] will be merged with [testing]

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Aug 3 14:01:27 EDT 2009

Am Montag 03 August 2009 07:19:18 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> Hi all,
> thanks to Dan, Allan and all other Contributors we now have pacman 3.3 in
> [testing]. This also means we can move the split KDE packages to our
> official repos.
> I'll move everything from kde-unstable to testing; let's hope the new and
> never tested db-move scripts are working. :-)
> If there are no lockers KDE will be updated to 4.3 final tomorrow and move
> on to extra after a short period in testing.
> Greetings,
> Pierre
> PS: Looks like we should compile a news item for the final move...

OK, new plan: I think it's best to release KDE 4.3 to extra just in time 
(August 4th; my time). Its a big update but quite well tested and shouldn't 
break important things.

The reasons for not holding it in testing:
* by moving from kde-unstable to testing and then to extra within a few day we
  will produce a lot of useless traffic. There will be also a new ISO; that
  would be bad timing
* pacman has problems with having KDE 4.2 in extra and the split 4.3 in
* The packages in testing cannot all be installed due to a file conflict I
  already fixed last week; but is still in my home dir ;-)

I'll send a new item draft soon.

If you think this is a bad idea; just shout out loud and stop me. ;-)



Pierre Schmitz, http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list