[arch-dev-public] 2009.08 snapshot RC/Final and core/testing

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 15:01:37 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Gerhard Brauer<gerhard.brauer at web.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, den 03.08.2009, 11:48 +0200 schrieb Gerhard Brauer:
>> Hi,
>> as planned we want to build today our RC. Do you plan to move today some
>> affected packages from testing to core? So we should wait some hours...
> Ok, all packages for the vc/*->tty* transition seems now in core:
> filesystem 2009.07-1
> initscripts 2009.07-3
> syslog-ng 3.0.3-2
> udev 141-5
>> We like to have the initscripts/udev/mkinitcpio/... package block and
>> also pacman 3.3 on the Final images.
> Could you say something about:
> mkinitcpio 0.5.26-1
> udev 145-1 (This is fast than hell in my virtualbox, but AFAIK not a
> MUST for the isos..)
> and pacman 3.3.0-2.

When we get these out, I would like to do a little core freeze so we
can get the release ISOs out. Is this acceptable to everyone? As far
as I know, pacman and mkinitcpio are important. What about udev? How
long until that is safe for core? Do you think these can be in core
later today?

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list