[arch-dev-public] Mirrors supporting rsync

Gerhard Brauer gerhard.brauer at web.de
Thu Aug 6 17:08:40 EDT 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 06.08.2009, 14:47 -0500 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> Below is a list of our current mirrors that support rsync. I would
> like to begin the process of setting up Tiered mirroring to give
> gerolde some breathing room.
>
> To do this, I would like to know the following things:
> * Which of these mirrors are unreliable?

Only rit.edu sometimes have a out-of-sync, but the reason is most times
not finished sync to rsync.al.org...

> * How many mirrors do we want at the first tier?

My suggestion is 2 per country if the count of mirrors in this country
is for ex. bigger than 4. Otherwise one per country.

> * What criteria should we use to decide which mirrors are capable of
> being a tier 1 mirror?

My suggestion: public rsync access, a minimum of 4 times sync to
archlinux per day(often is better), university and well know hosters are
privileged above "private mirrors".

> * What is the rsync speed for these mirrors? (How much bandwidth do
> they have to offer?)
>
> If anyone has the time to research this, please do so and respond.
>
> Mirrors supporting rsync: 26
> 	aarnet.edu.au
> 	archlinux.fi
> 	archlinux.nautile.nc
> 	archlinuxfr.org
> 	archlinuxfr.org
> 	c3sl.ufpr.br
> 	csclub.uwaterloo.ca
> 	ftp.df.lth.se
> 	gwdg.de
> 	hs-esslingen.de
> 	iinet.net.au
> 	internode.on.net
> 	las.ic.unicamp.br
> 	leaseweb.com
> 	mirror.svk.su
> 	mirrors.xmission.com
> 	pacific.net.au
> 	pwsz.elblag.pl
> 	rit.edu
> 	roedu.net
> 	spline.inf.fu-berlin.de
> 	twilightlair.net
> 	umoss.org
> 	unej.ac.id
> 	uni-bayreuth.de
> 	uni-kl.de

I have additionally (my list of rsync mirrors is not complete):
	ftp.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp (FS#14627)
	ftp.rnl.ist.utl.pt )FS#15670)

I could try to check until weekend all mirrors if their rsync access
works...

Gerhard