[arch-dev-public] [Patch] makechrootpkg: fixed support for splitted package

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 16 07:35:20 EDT 2009

Eric Bélanger wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 2:23 AM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Adding this would be quite easy.  I had never found a use case for different
>> pkgvers until now so ad never considered it.  No idea why I had not
>> considered pkgrels before.
>>

> Could you also do this for the arch variable?  Pierre told me that,
> currently, using 'any' arch in split packages doesn't work.  I haven't
> had the time to see what prevents this (makepkg? devtools? dbscripts?)
> but I have a hunch that not having the arch variable overridden might
> play a part in that.  A such fonctionality will be useful to provide
> big API docs in a seperate 'any' package.

I'd say all of the above probably need fixed for this.  I have had a
brief look at makepkg support.  It is a bit weird as the arch variable
is handled differently to all others but I think I can fix it.  It is on
my list of things to do.

Can you please file bug reports and assign to me for allowing different
pkgver/pkgrel and arch lines so I do not loose track of them.

> Another thing (I can submit a FR in flyspray if you prefer) that would
> be nice:  being able to build specific packages from a splitted
> PKGBUILD. I think that makepkg should build all packages by default
> and have an option that allows us to specify the desired packages to
> be built.

That would be fairly easy to implement although the actual package
stages should be really fast compared to the build one.  Please file a
bug report.

Allan