[arch-dev-public] pidgin maintainer wanted/where is pizzapunk?

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Mon Aug 24 10:15:56 EDT 2009

several devs have bumped Pidgin in last few months because its
maintainer "pizzapunk" is absent for months now and never giving any
words in our discussions.

we should find a new maintainer for this application. it's widely used
in our community. I myself don't want to do this work. the new packager
should think about moving in farsight2 from community to extra for
adding video/audio support. but user feedback is still showing
poor quality of that implementation (fedora also has it enabled in
their devel tree). anybody interested?

on the other site we should send again a ping out to all devs asking if
they are still aboard. Alex(kth5) is also absent for years now and
maybe more guys have silently left us.

-Andy