[arch-dev-public] [website] separate Dev+TU list

Dusty Phillips dusty at linux.ca
Mon Aug 24 14:31:54 EDT 2009

2009/8/24 Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 21:03, Thomas Bächler<thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Dusty Phillips schrieb:
>>>
>>> This was more trouble than expected because some idiot had made the
>>> Fellows and Developers templates all generic and I had to separate
>>> them a bit. However, it is done. I ended up going the the Roles test
>>> because I was too lazy to figure out how to design the repos query. I
>>> noticed Xyne did not have his Roles set to Trusted User, so I have
>>> edited that, I'm not sure if there are other TUs or not.
>>
>> Why don't you just make a flag in the database that says where they belong?
>> IMO, that's better than some magic string-matching.
>
> String-matching is stupid because it does not reflect the real situation.
> There is official list of TUs (on the wiki)
> and official list of devs (old developers page, flyspray group).
> Only that information should be used,
> adding it on db level sounds like the way to go.

I think you misunderstand what is currently going on. The data IS in
the database on the Roles field. The only thing missing is validation
on that field to ensure Aaron doesn't enter the wrong text. Since its
Aaron entering the text and not some random idiot from the general
public, I'm not going to make a big deal out of validating it.

Another option, for anyone interested in patching it, would be to add
the users to groups and select the proper list from that. OR you could
paint the bikeshed blue. It works now, the number of people entered
into this list is typically pretty low, and I have a whole shitload of
bug reports that I could be addressing instead, if only I could view
them.

Dusty