[arch-dev-public] introducing kernel26-lts

Dale Blount dale at archlinux.org
Wed Aug 26 15:35:40 EDT 2009

> I don't think that it needs to go in core to get signoffs.  We could
> put it in extra and make an exception (i.e. require signoff).  The
> only advantage of putting it in core is to offer it as an alternative
> kernel for the iso.

Is there a disadvantage to putting it in core?  I'd say if I was going
to install the lts kernel on a server, It'd be annoying to have to
install using kernel26 then install lts from extra later.  Having it
available on the install CD would be useful.  Not to mention core
explicitly requires signoffs which solves that problem also.

Dale