[arch-dev-public] Punishment needed for not building in a chroot

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Sun Dec 6 19:07:42 EST 2009

Allan McRae wrote:
> The tools are very simple to use and are described in the wiki
> (http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Building_in_a_Clean_Chroot).
> There is _no_ excuse not to use them.  The are minor changes needed for
> doing i686 builds on x86_64 and vise versa, but there are plenty of us
> doing that so help is available.  Ask for help if needed.

Is there some obstacle to integrating it further with makepkg? I think
everyone will use it when it's as easy to use as makepkg. It doesn't
seem like this should be unattainable.

It would be great to be able to do a make_arch_chroots and have it make
chroots for both architectures and then do a makepkg -c or something, to
tell it to make in the chroot.

- P