[arch-dev-public] [signoff] sqlite3 3.6.21-1
a.radke at arcor.de
Tue Dec 8 13:22:32 EST 2009
monthly upstream bugfix release. please signoff.
SQLite version 3.6.21 is now available on the SQLite website: http://www.sqlite.org/
SQLite version 3.6.21 is a monthly maintenance release of SQLite.
Upgrading from prior versions is optional. Version 3.6.21 features an
enhancement to the sqltie3_trace() interface such that the values of
bound parameters are inserted into the SQL output emitted by
sqlite3_trace(), making application diagnostics easier. Version
3.6.21 also features general performance improvements and a rework of
the FTS3 full-text search extension for improved robustness and
SQLite version 3.6.21, as all versions of SQLite since 3.6.17, has
been tested to 100% MC/DC and branch coverage using multiple
independently developed test harnesses.
As always, please let us know if you encounter any difficulties with
this or any other SQLite release.
D. Richard Hipp
drh at hwaci.com
SQLite Release 3.6.21 On 2009 Dec 07 (3.6.21)
Changes associated with this release include the following:
* The SQL output resulting from sqlite3_trace() is now modified to include the values of bound parameters.
* Performance optimizations targetting a specific use case from a single high-profile user of SQLite. A 12% reduction in the number of CPU operations is achieved (as measured by valgrind). Actual performance improvements in practice may vary depending on workload. Changes include:
o The ifnull() and coalesce() SQL functions are now implemented using in-line VDBE code rather than calling external functions, so that unused arguments need never be evaluated.
o The substr() SQL function does not bother to measure the length its entire input string if it is only computing a prefix
o Unnecessary OP_IsNull, OP_Affinity, and OP_MustBeInt VDBE opcodes are suppressed
o Various code refactorizations for performance
* The FTS3 extension has undergone a major rework and cleanup. New FTS3 documentation is now available.
* The SQLITE_SECURE_DELETE compile-time option fixed to make sure that content is deleted even when the truncate optimization applies.
* Improvements to "dot-command" handling in the Command Line Interface.
* Other minor bug fixes and documentation enhancements.
A complete list of SQLite releases in a single pages is also available.
A detailed history of every check-in is available at
More information about the arch-dev-public