[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel 2.6.32.2-1

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 07:21:46 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
>> First of all, Radeon KMS is not ready for production. Like with the
>> intel driver, modesetting can be enabled by using radeon.modeset=1 in
>> the bootflags if KMS is not enabled by default for Radeon.
>> CONFIG_DRM_RADEON_KMS=y should be disabled.
> Will try this in next build then.
>

>> Next issue is problems with Intel KMS. The 2.6.32 kernel contains
>> powermanagement features for intel. These new features are utilized by
>> the driver I uploaded to testing last weekend on hardware that supports
>> it. However, this causes GPU lockups, requiring a reboot now and then.
>> This was reverted in 2.6.33, so we should also revert this. A patch has
>> been posted here:
>> http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/67768/
>>
> When i apply this patch i get an error:
> patching file drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Skipping patch.
> Could it be they solved this already in 32.2?

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.32.y.git;a=blob_plain;f=drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c;hb=HEAD

This still contains all the references to renderclock , that the patch
is supposed to remove.
But anyway, just look at the file and the patch side by side to see
whether your local kernel tree has this patch or not.