[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel 2.6.32.2-1

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Dec 25 14:45:23 EST 2009

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:32:10 +0100, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de>
wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Upstream changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> Arch Linux bugfixes/feature requests:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16855 # added CONFIG_PM_DEBUG
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17106 # added CONFIG_MMIOTRACE
>
> Arch Linux changes:
> - splitted kernel-headers to extra package
>   If you want to build external modules please install:
>   pacman -S kernel26-headers
>   Please change your PKGBUILDS to makedepend on this package.
> - added xen support to 64bit kernel
> - changed intel kms enabled by default
> - changed to new firewire subsystem:
> http://ieee1394.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Juju_Migration
>
> Please signoff both arches,
>
> greetings
> tpowa

signed off botrh arches. Did not notice any real problem for a while. I
would suggest to not use autodetect in mkinitcpio.conf with software raid
as it does not detect the raid module and the klibc binary (forgot its
name) which detects the filesystem just segfault (for me since .32).

We shouldn't wait that long with the move; our kernel in core has (afaik)
some security issues.