[arch-dev-public] install scripts in core

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 09:04:24 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> The way pacman calls the scriptlets, it actually uses the shell from
> the _parent_ system. I know this for a fact, because Dan and I
> investigated, added checks for bash in the chroot, then realized it
> didn't matter and reverted it.
>
> Are you _sure_ it's bash failing like you suspect? What happens if you
> just install vi and library deps in a chroot and try to run things
> manually?

I am not sure why we are talking about bash here, the shell used is
/bin/sh which can be any shells, right?
Are you sure the shell from the parent system is used? I could not
find this documented anywhere.
How do you explain that installing bash or adding a sh->dash symlink
inside the chroot helps then?

To Allan : did you find any scriptlets which actually worked without
bash installed? Even the most basic scriptlet not doing anything does
not work here.