[arch-dev-public] install scripts in core

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:47:31 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> I am fairly sure that these install scripts seem to need bash on the *child*
> system.
> lilo, vi, mlocate (after add coreutils dep) and fakeroot all fail to run
> their post install script with their current dependencies.  Pulling in bash
> to the chroot before them makes it work.  Bash pulls in ncurses and readline
> as well, but just adding these does not fix the problem.  So whatever the
> cause, having bash in the child system seems to fix it.  For vi, mlocate and
> fakeroot, I think the "echo" line is causing it.  No idea with lilo...
>
> This occurs both with "pacman -r" and "mkarchroot".

Just for clarifying, this can easily be reproduced by anyone.
Just do
# pacman -Sr /path/to/chroot <pkg>
where pkg is one of the failing packages :  lilo, vi, mlocate, fakeroot

I used a quick hack to play with different scriptlets : edit one of
the above packages directly (for example by opening the pkg.tar.gz in
vim) to modify the .INSTALL scriptlet, and install the modified
package with # pacman -Ur /path/to/chroot /path/to/modifiedpkg

But I suppose the main goal is to have a successful base install with
no scriptlets error, so this is the main test to get working :
# pacman -Sr /path/to/chroot base