[arch-dev-public] [signoff] man-db 2.5.3-1 replacing man

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Thu Feb 19 00:04:41 EST 2009

Am Wed, 18 Feb 2009 21:30:50 -0600
schrieb Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:

> Holy smokes, did you try running the cron job? It generates an absurd
> amount of output, so for those people that get email when cron jobs
> produce output on stdout/stderr, this might be a bit much. Does anyone
> do this, or is this really a non-concern?

We can for sure run mandb --quiet in the cronjob. Debian does that. But
then we will probably almost never get bugreports for broken pages.

Depending on the settings what mails you want to get from cronjobs for
stderr or stdout everybody could change that.

I'm unsure what we should set as default. Other opinions?

-Andy