[arch-dev-public] Dumping klibc (WAS: Re: Changing raid/raid-partitions initcpio hooks)

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Thu Feb 19 03:18:54 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 02:38 +0100, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> I thought we needed a complete toolchain for that, but Jan claimed
> that
> it is possible to use our normal gcc and binutils for that.

I'm using an unofficial debian package for uclibc. There's a package
called uclibc-toolchain, which contains a script to munge the gcc spec
file. After this script is used to munge the gcc spec file (we could
alter the gcc specfile by default in the gcc package btw), there's a new
flag for gcc: -uclibc. Whenever you compile something with this option,
includefiles are diverted to /usr/i486-linux-uclibc/include and
libraries are linked against uclibc instead of glibc. The only problem
we have to solve is getting shared libraries like the ones from
devicemapper installed in a way that it doesn't conflict with the ones
that link against glibc.