[arch-dev-public] Heimdal changes - moving sqlite to core?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 11:54:49 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> Am Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:33:56 -0500
> schrieb "Eric Bélanger" <snowmaniscool at gmail.com>:
>
> BTW, it has a makedepends on
>> tcl. We should keep tcl in extra as several other  package in core
>> have makedepends on packages from extra.
>>

> That's something I really dislike. I try to keep my chroots clean
> wherever possible.

The Integrity Check tool can detect all repo hierarchy problems.
Since I ran it on core/extra, it detected all the core -> extra
makedependencies :
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2009-January/009692.html

core/iputils depends on extra/opensp
core/iputils depends on extra/libxslt
core/iputils depends on extra/docbook-xsl
core/madwifi-utils depends on extra/sharutils
core/e2fsprogs depends on extra/bc
core/ca-certificates depends on extra/ruby
core/madwifi depends on extra/sharutils

And the extra -> community makedependencies appear as missing since
community was not considered :

xosd --> 'xmms'
flac --> 'xmms'
gnome-speech --> 'espeak'

I would like to know if that goal of having clean chroots is shared
and if it's worth opening tasks on the bug tracker for these problems,
or if it is a lost cause :)