[arch-dev-public] Heimdal changes - moving sqlite to core?

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 13:42:24 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
>> Am Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:33:56 -0500
>> schrieb "Eric Bélanger" <snowmaniscool at gmail.com>:
>>
>> BTW, it has a makedepends on
>>> tcl. We should keep tcl in extra as several other  package in core
>>> have makedepends on packages from extra.
>>>

>> That's something I really dislike. I try to keep my chroots clean
>> wherever possible.
>>

> The Integrity Check tool can detect all repo hierarchy problems.
> Since I ran it on core/extra, it detected all the core -> extra
> makedependencies :
> http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2009-January/009692.html
>
> core/iputils depends on extra/opensp
> core/iputils depends on extra/libxslt
> core/iputils depends on extra/docbook-xsl
> core/madwifi-utils depends on extra/sharutils
> core/e2fsprogs depends on extra/bc
> core/ca-certificates depends on extra/ruby
> core/madwifi depends on extra/sharutils

Check if these packages currently in extra  have a (make)depends on
other packages from extra and so on. If these packages depends on too
many packages from extra, we might be better doing an exception and
keep them in extra. Otherwise we should try to move them to core.

> And the extra -> community makedependencies appear as missing since
> community was not considered :
>
> xosd --> 'xmms'
> flac --> 'xmms'

The makedepends is to build plugins. It was brought up on the ML
before and no-one objected. I maintain xmms in community so I could
easily bring it back in extra. With a usage of 16.34 %, I would say it
has a place in extra.