[arch-dev-public] xmms in extra

Dusty Phillips buchuki at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:52:52 EST 2009

2009/1/12 Dale Blount <dale at archlinux.org>:
>> I think we have two options here:
>> * We completely get rid of gtk and all packages which depend on it.
>> * We allow xmms back into extra
>>
>> I'm fine with either one, but I do think it'd be silly not to move
>> xmms to extra based on the usage stats
>

> I'm also fine either way, but remember, installed != used.  I have xmms
> installed on both my workstations,

Ageed. I have xmms installed because its a dep for one of my quod
libet plugins. I accidentally opened it the other day and was
surprised to find it installed. ;-)

Also: if xmms has a high enough usage to be in extra, I assume gtk's
usage stats are even higher. So whatever arguments for
keeping/discarding xmms based on statistics will also apply to gtk.

Dusty