[arch-dev-public] Arch Linux (Brazil) on FISL

Hugo Doria hugodoria at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 09:39:35 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

Last week we had the first brazilian Encounter of Arch Linux Users,
during the tenth edition of the International Forum of Free Software
(FISL), in Porto Alegre, Brazil.

The event was huge (more than 8000 people), great and we got new users
(a lot of them). We had a stand where we gave free CDs (i686 and
x86_64), did some installs and gave some lessons. Also, we made four
lectures in the event:

Introduction to Arch Linux (by Rodrigo Flores)
>From * to Arch (by Kessia Pinheiro)
Arch Linux Brazil: past, present and future (by Douglas Andrade)
How to create packages for Arch Linux (by me)

Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (the president of Brazil) went to the event
and met some distributions. I hope that our president use Arch. :P

There are some pictures from the event here (just the first two days.
i will upload the other two soon):
http://hugodoria.org/fotos/?Qwd=./fisl10

Some pictures from our stand and the arch linux brasil people, that
were very important for our encounter and made everything happen:
http://hugodoria.org/fotos/?Qwd=./fisl10/archlinux-br

Douglas Soares (dsa) was there too:
http://hugodoria.org/fotos/?Qwd=./fisl10/archlinux-br&Qif=IMG_0450.JPG&Qiv=thumbs&Qis=M

Pictures taken by others:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/fisl/

I want to bring some of you guys for the next FISL, that will happen
in 2010. I tried this year, but i lost the deadline to try.

-- Hugo