[arch-dev-public] Fixing Perl 5.10.0

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Tue Jul 7 12:40:33 EDT 2009

> That is an awfully big patch...  I do not use perl so I have no
> opinion here, but fixing breakages is

Note that "only" 15% of that big patch actually affects the code. The
rest concerns documentation, test files, etc. There is only one fix that
I really care for, however, and it amounts to an insertion of one line
in toke.c. This fix is especially needed when developping web
applications with Catalyst, which I am currently doing [see

I have revised the patch and removed some additional Debian-specific
hunks. The tarball linked to in my previous post is updated.