[arch-dev-public] Ohloh

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 10:00:54 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 23:14, Roman Kyrylych<roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 02:41, Dan McGee<dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Roman Kyrylych<roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> This is not really related to a 'real job' (sorry!) but it's quite interesting
>>> since it represents Arch on a quite large FOSS-related site,
>>> and it is actually an interesting source of statistics.
>>>
>>> As someone of you may know - there are Arch Linux related projects
>>> registered on Ohloh:
>>> * Arch Linux - most git repositories from projects.archlinux.org
>>> * Arch Linux Packages - our SVN and community CVS
>>> (we should add community SVN when it's ready, but make sure old CVS
>>> history is retained)
>>> * AUR - aur.git
>>> * Arch Linux Installer - installer.git (but not aif.git)
>>> * Pacman - pacman.git
>>>
>>> Is this structure OK or does someone have a suggestions for changes?
>>> For example, would it be better to move aif.git to Arch Linux Installer
>>> or merge installer.git into Arch Linux? (IMO 2nd way i's better).
>>>
>>> They also have Managers feature now, so it would be nice if Aaron
>>> (they suggest that it should be "Someone who works on the project.
>>> Ideally the owner, founder, lead developer, or release manager.")
>>> took management of all our projects and modified permissions
>>> to protect from vandalism.
>>
>> I'd say you are welcome to take the lead on this and do what you think
>> needs to be done.
>
> Okay.
> Corrected the URL to our SVN. Will see how it will update statistics.
> More changes will follow later.

It took lots of time during which a couple of bugs in Ohloh were uncovered,
but thanks to the great support from Ohloh team our huge repo is now imported.

You can browse some stats at
https://www.ohloh.net/p/4510/analyses/latest

It's fun that Ohloh thinks we have quite alot of D source code
- this is due to foobar.conf.d files bundled with some packages.

Note that all our current/core/extra/unstable CVS repos history
is missing after SVN was finally imported.

I'm not sure about CVS/SVN URLs for our old repos,
could someone please provide me with the following info:
* CVS URL to our old current/core/extra/unstable CVS repos
* same for community CVS repo
  currently it is
":pserver:anonymous:anonymous at cvs.archlinux.org:/srv/cvs/cvs-community
community"
 - is it correct? (Ohloh could not update from that URL for a long time)
* SVN URL to the new community SVN repo

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)