[arch-dev-public] Need some advices for new dhclient

Daniel Isenmann daniel.isenmann at gmx.de
Sun Jul 19 14:13:01 EDT 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:48:13 +0200
Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> dhclient is out-of-date and the last update to the package was from
> September last year. In order to fix this bug:
>
> FS#15515 - [dhclient] DHCP Stack Overflow in 'dhclient'
> script_write_params()  (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15515)

I has managed to compile version 3.1.2p1 which fixes the security
issue. In order to compile I had to clean up the PKGBUILD and removed
the patches from our release.

I have tested the package and it works. But please test the new package
which is in [testing]. Maybe I have overseen some critical part of  the
patches and something doesn't work anymore. I will post a signoff mail
after I have build it for i686.

Daniel