[arch-dev-public] Vim breakage...again

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 07:57:34 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 1:07 AM, Tobias Kieslich<tobias at justdreams.de> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
>        I'm sorry about that. On top of changing the path I screwed up with
> settin gthe runtimepath still in archlinux.vim. The vimcurrent approach
> was modelled after Debian but it turns out to be over the top.

Yeah, I actually noticed this after I sent that email, so I realize
now the situation was not completely in your control.

> Vim apparently always searches in a folder /vim/share/vim/vimfiles for
> plugins. That happens out of the box. This is badly documented, but much
> preferable over screwing with the runtime path. So I will fix vim to get
> rid of any runtime path and provide an empty /vim/share/vim/vimfiles as
> a base folder for all plugins.
>
> Yes that mean we would need to rebuild the plugins again. But that would
> be the last time.

Awesome. Thanks for getting the details straight. If you have the
vim-* packages checked out in SVN, it should be as simple as a sed to
update the path to the correct value, and then bumping the pkgrel
values. Unfortunately I'm pretty busy through the end of the week
here, but we'll see if I can't help out a bit if it doesn't get done
in the next few days.

-Dan