[arch-dev-public] Vim breakage...again

Tobias Kieslich tobias at justdreams.de
Thu Jul 23 02:07:05 EDT 2009

Hi Dan,

	I'm sorry about that. On top of changing the path I screwed up with
settin gthe runtimepath still in archlinux.vim. The vimcurrent approach
was modelled after Debian but it turns out to be over the top.

Vim apparently always searches in a folder /vim/share/vim/vimfiles for
plugins. That happens out of the box. This is badly documented, but much
preferable over screwing with the runtime path. So I will fix vim to get
rid of any runtime path and provide an empty /vim/share/vim/vimfiles as
a base folder for all plugins.

Yes that mean we would need to rebuild the plugins again. But that would
be the last time.