[arch-dev-public] Updating ABS

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Jul 25 05:41:13 EDT 2009

Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Samstag 25 Juli 2009 04:27:50 schrieb Allan McRae:
>
>> 2) split package support
>> Currently the PKGBUILD is only found in /var/abs/$repo/$pkgbase.  This
>> would make it difficult to find a split package directly.  Should the
>> db-scripts add symlinks from $pkgbase to ${pkgname[@]}?  That would have
>> a bonus effect of reserving at the split package names.
>>

> Where should that symlink be? In the users /var/abs dir? And how could db-
> scripts do that?

My idea was symlinks in SVN.   When db-scripts find a package with
pkgbase set, it should create symlinks for each of ${pkgname[*]} to
$pkgbase (provided $pkgname[?] != $pkgbase).  If the symlink exists,
they should check that it is already pointing to the right folder or
otherwise there could be multiple packages with the same name.

Allan