[arch-dev-public] [kde-unstable] re-enabled

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Jun 12 03:26:16 EDT 2009

On Friday 12 June 2009 08:53:52 Ronald van Haren wrote:
> These are still debug builds I suppose?

No, they are stripped again. The resulting packages were more than three times
as big and compile time increased a lot, too.

And moste back traces I have seen weren't that usefull because other libs like
qt, glib2 or even glibc don't have debug symbols.

Just a side note: xz compression will reduce the package size problem a
little. kdelibs with gz was about 100MB while compressed with xz "only" about
50MB.

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76