[arch-dev-public] [idea] global link database for all packages

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Jun 28 12:44:54 EDT 2009

Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> On Sunday 28 June 2009 18:13:54 Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>
>> The resultsing db files are quite small: 20 KB for core and 320 KB for
>> extra.
>>

> I have uploaded some example files to
> http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre/tmp/extra.links.tar.gz (also for core,
> community and testing)

You have given the links for every file examined.  Do we need that much
information?  Is there use beyond a global list for the package?  That
would also have the advantage of simplifying the format (no need for %
symbols) which would simplify writing clients to generate rebuild lists
or integrity checks etc.

Allan