[arch-dev-public] [idea] global link database for all packages

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Jun 28 12:52:45 EDT 2009

On Sunday 28 June 2009 18:44:54 Allan McRae wrote:
> You have given the links for every file examined.  Do we need that much
> information?  Is there use beyond a global list for the package?  That
> would also have the advantage of simplifying the format (no need for %
> symbols) which would simplify writing clients to generate rebuild lists
> or integrity checks etc.

I have thought about it. But the db files are already small and if you don't
need that information you can pipe it through "grep -v '%' | sort -u".

On the other hand one could use that information for optdepends, possible
split candidates or if you want to know which feature of package a needs
pacakge b.

--

Pierre Schmitz, http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre