[arch-dev-public] Move the catalyst drivers from extra to AUR/Community

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sun Mar 1 04:49:29 EST 2009

This is what I've just sent to the closed AMD beta project list.

> I am actively trying to get the right development team lined up.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthew
>
> On 7-Feb-09, at 12:03 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
>
> > No hint? Any other place where we can get support?
> >
> > -Andy

I try to follow the beta release announcements but reading things like
this make me angry wasting more time on this driver:

"...Required packaging changes

There are no driver changes that require updates to packaging scripts.

Deadline for packaging contributions

Release: NA
Deadline: NA

Next planned beta release on this release stream

TBD"

No communication or public documentation where things will move at all
happened. Beside ArchLinux all 64bit non-multilib LinuxFromScratch
users are affected and probably more distributions. We are also just
packaging Xorg 1.6 about we heard simply nothing here.

So we are about to remove support for closed catalyst drivers:

http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2009-February/010394.html

-Andy