[arch-dev-public] [signoff] mdadm-2.6.9-1
t.powa at gmx.de
Mon Mar 30 03:07:18 EDT 2009
both states raid is broken for more complex setups.
According to my earlier mail about assembling raid arrays i wrote a new hook
and install file.
It uses mdassemble.static from mdadm tarball which is smaller than
mdadm.static and does the assembling job and loading of the needed raid
How does it work:
- If a an array is defined on users system /etc/mdadm.conf, the file will be
added to initramfs and used for the assembling things.
- If no array was defined it falls back to commandline assembling and a
madm.conf file will be created on the fly during bootup.
Old command line syntax wasn't changed, uuid support is added
-fixed booting from partitionable raid, by loading md_mod before assembling.
- Tested normal raid 1 setup with and without mdadm.conf modified.
- Tested raid1 partitionable raid with extended and without extended
- Tested uuid assembling from commandline
I think this is ready to move to core, please signoff.
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
tpowa at archlinux.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the arch-dev-public