[arch-dev-public] Status of arch=any ?

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Tue May 5 17:15:16 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> OK, I've just git-cloned dbscripts and devtools. BTW I notice that the
>> summary, shortlog and log links on projects.archlinux.org give a garbled
>> display. Only the "tree"s are displayed properly.
>>

> Erm, sounds like a font issue on your end. Everything looks fine from here

Certainly not. But never mind. The problem disappeared the next day.

OK, back to topic. First of all, the git repo you gave me does not have
the patches from Abhishek. I finally figured out that I had to pull his
branch any-arch from github.

I have fixed quite a few bugs in db-update and rewritten some sections
(patch attached).

Then I have tested it quite intensively with all possible scenarios,
and, as far as I can tell, it works fine!

BTW, the script convert-to-any is quite broken. I have first tried to
fix it but soon realized it is actually not a good idea to rely on it at
all. Better to create clean packages for arch=any instead.

Looking forward to seeing the official adoption of arch=any in our repos!

Best,