[arch-dev-public] Status of arch=any ?
aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:59:10 EDT 2009
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
>>> OK, I've just git-cloned dbscripts and devtools. BTW I notice that the
>>> summary, shortlog and log links on projects.archlinux.org give a garbled
>>> display. Only the "tree"s are displayed properly.
>> Erm, sounds like a font issue on your end. Everything looks fine from here
> Certainly not. But never mind. The problem disappeared the next day.
> OK, back to topic. First of all, the git repo you gave me does not have
> the patches from Abhishek. I finally figured out that I had to pull his
> branch any-arch from github.
My fault. It wasn't merged to master. Everything is merged and pushed now.
> I have fixed quite a few bugs in db-update and rewritten some sections
> (patch attached).
I've merged and pushed some of this, but haven't looked through the
more complicated logic just yet. I know though that I don't like the
"all" lock - I'd prefer to lock things for as little time as possible.
> Then I have tested it quite intensively with all possible scenarios,
> and, as far as I can tell, it works fine!
> BTW, the script convert-to-any is quite broken. I have first tried to
> fix it but soon realized it is actually not a good idea to rely on it at
> all. Better to create clean packages for arch=any instead.
> Looking forward to seeing the official adoption of arch=any in our repos!
Me too. I'm just slow these days.
More information about the arch-dev-public