[arch-dev-public] Status of arch=any ?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:59:10 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:

> Aaron Griffin wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I've just git-cloned dbscripts and devtools. BTW I notice that the
>>> summary, shortlog and log links on projects.archlinux.org give a garbled
>>> display. Only the "tree"s are displayed properly.
>>>

>> Erm, sounds like a font issue on your end. Everything looks fine from here
>>
> Certainly not. But never mind. The problem disappeared the next day.
>
> OK, back to topic. First of all, the git repo you gave me does not have
> the patches from Abhishek. I finally figured out that I had to pull his
> branch any-arch from github.

My fault. It wasn't merged to master. Everything is merged and pushed now.

> I have fixed quite a few bugs in db-update and rewritten some sections
> (patch attached).

I've merged and pushed some of this, but haven't looked through the
more complicated logic just yet. I know though that I don't like the
"all" lock - I'd prefer to lock things for as little time as possible.

> Then I have tested it quite intensively with all possible scenarios,
> and, as far as I can tell, it works fine!
>
> BTW, the script convert-to-any is quite broken. I have first tried to
> fix it but soon realized it is actually not a good idea to rely on it at
> all. Better to create clean packages for arch=any instead.
>
> Looking forward to seeing the official adoption of arch=any in our repos!

Me too. I'm just slow these days.