[arch-dev-public] LZMA - in or out? ([signoff] libarchive 2.6.0)

Firmicus Firmicus at gmx.net
Tue May 12 04:05:46 EDT 2009

Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 12. Mai 2009 01:45:47 schrieb Dan McGee:
>
>> You snipped out what the libarchive release notes said- liblzma
>> supports xz AND lzma, apparently.
>>
>> It is all here:
>> http://tukaani.org/xz/
>>

> Yes, but if I get it right you need
> http://tukaani.org/xz/xz-4.999.8beta.tar.gz which should support lzma AND xz
> format. The lzma-tuils in extra will only support lzma.

FYI my PKGBUILDs for xz-utils are in AUR:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25140 (beta version)
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25141 (git version)

Currently lzma-utils is a makedepends of all my texlive-* packages,
which is why I brought lzma-utils to extra. However, starting with the
2009 release of TeXLive, they will depend on xz-utils instead.