[arch-dev-public] LZMA - in or out? ([signoff] libarchive 2.6.0)

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue May 12 02:03:43 EDT 2009

Am Dienstag, 12. Mai 2009 02:06:31 schrieb Dan McGee:
> Yes, of course. I think we can take some time to let it bake, as there
> is not an immediate need, and when 5.0 comes out we can move it to
> core and then rebuild libarchive with support for both.

Sure, no need to hurry. Slackware has achieved a decrease of size from 1,9GB
to 1,4GB of their main repo. Our ratio should be lower as we don't have source
packages in our repos. But it should be easy to test once the tools are ready.
(du -h;gunzip *.gz;xz *.tar;du -h)

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76