[arch-dev-public] [signoff] capi4k-utils-050718-7

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon May 18 10:35:47 EDT 2009

Tobias Powalowski schrieb:
> Hi
> fixed manpath:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13764
>
> greetings
> tpowa

You probably won't get any signoffs, as ISDN was never used outside
Europe AFAIK (especially US never had ISDN to my knowledge) and nobody
uses it anymore even here. I guess if it works for you, you can simply
move it.

Do we really need this in core? The idea was to provide an internet
connection to people after installation (that's why we include ppp,
various VPN systems and wireless drivers). But ISDN offers such a
slow-band connection (64KBit/s on one B channel, 128KBit/s if you bundle
two B channels) that you won't be able to continue installing Arch
anyway. My suggestion is to move this to extra.