[arch-dev-public] archlinux-torrent-utils

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun May 31 16:05:44 EDT 2009

Pierre Schmitz schrieb:
> The only problem is that both programs segfault on exit. I am a real noob on
> C++; so I am in need of a little help here. Everything works fine and my very
> limited skills show me that the problem occours after the main() method was
> left.

The bt::TorrentCreator class uses some ressources that are local in the
main procedure - if those are already destroyed when the destructor is
called, that might cause the segfault.

Try to replace

bt::TorrentCreator tc(target, trackers, webseeds, chunk_size, name,
comment, priv, decentralized);

with

bt::TorrentCreator *tc = new bt::TorrentCreator(target, trackers,
webseeds, chunk_size, name, comment, priv, decentralized);

Then replace every occurrence of tc.foo with tc->foo and add

delete tc;

before the every return command. If I am right, the segfault should be gone.

Another problem: The ktorrent torrent libraries are linked against all
kinds of stuff which is not needed - probably because KDE is not
compiled with -Wl,--as-needed.